There isn’t one perfect approach to helping individuals with autism transition to adulthood and independence. The move out from under an IEP can be intimidating and unknow, but also very liberating. The key to success is to have many resources to draw from so that each person can develop their own unique plan for life.
- Vermont Family Network has a fantastic page with a TRANSITION TOOLKIT FOR YOUTH WITH DISABILITIES. Start Early!
- DAIL, https://dail.vermont.gov
- Life Transition Services, https://www.ltsnh.org
- VFN page: https://www.vermontfamilynetwork.org/what-we-do/family-support/transition-to-adulthood-toolkit/
- Think College Vermont, UVM, https://thinkcollege.net/programs/think-college-vermont-at-uvm
- Howard Center SUCCEED Program, https://howardcenter.org/developmental-services/succeed/
- The Vermont Center for Independent Living, http://www.vcil.org/
- Think College Vermont, Johnson State College, https://www.facebook.com/ThinkCollegeJohnsonState